Founded in 2004, Everest Gymnastics is a US National Team Training Center with two locations in North Carolina. A 20,000 square foot facility in Huntersville offers two Olympic-sized spring floors, a 40’ in-ground tumble track and trampoline, and an extensive lineup of select USAG Certified equipment for athletes of all ages. A new 32,000 square foot training center in Cornelius is similarly equipped with all the tools needed for a comprehensive gymnastics education.
Everest Gymnastics takes its name from the titular mountain. Owners Qi Han and Yiwen Chen dubbed it so to remind each student that their goals are achievable, no matter how difficult the journey toward success may be. These world-renowned coaches have designed their competition training program to serve as the ropes their students need to pull themselves to the highest peaks of their athletic careers.
More than goal-oriented athletics, Everest Gymnastics offers recreation opportunities for the general public. After school care, birthday parties, and open gym times serve as a gentle introduction to gymnastics for children of all abilities and interests. Summer camps and skills clinics are also available for those students needing additional practice. Preschool programs and age/size-appropriate equipment are available at both facilities.
Han and Chen believe that athletic success is not just the result of refining innate talents and perfecting physical control. The duo impress upon and educate their students in regards to the mental, emotional, and social aspects of the sport. By focusing on the whole student, the instructor-led programs at Everest Gymnastics help each learn how to concentrate under stress, control their emotions, cooperate, and show respect to their peers. Each of these skills is just as important as physical ability.
Safety is a key element in the success of Everest Gymnastics and its students. Both training facilities are designed to provide students with a safe and nurturing environment where they can hone their skills and explore their developing talents. Han and Chen encourage fun on the floor while taking steps to reduce injuries and refine physical skills that promote safe practices for a lifetime.
- 2018 3rd Place All Around, Junior Olympic National Championships, Haleigh Bryant
- 2018 1st Place All Around, Nastia Liukin Cup Hoffman Estates, Haleigh Bryant
- 2017 1st place All Around, Junior Olympic National Championships, Haleigh Bryant
- 2016 Olympic Trials, Qualifying Athlete Emily Schild
- 2016 Mecklenburg’s Sports Wall of Fame, Coach Han
- 2016 Jesolo Trophy, USA Team Gold, Emily Schild
- 2015 North Carolina Gym of the Year, Everest Gymnastics
- 2015 Jesolo Trophy, USA Team Gold, Emily Schild
- 2015 Pan American Games, USA Team Gold, Emily Schild
- 2015 Region 8 Hall of Fame, Everest Gymnastics
- 2014 US National Team Training Facility Designation, Everest Gymnastics
The entire staff at Everest Gymnastics is committed to giving each student the hands-on training they need to meet their athletic goals. As one of the most respected facilities in the sport, Everest Gymnastics has become the gold standard in gymnastics training.
For more information, including class schedules, skills clinics, and recreational policies, visit Everest Gymnastics online at Everest-Gym.com.